Kel & Garrett - A Love Story

We have come to understand that Kel and Garrett created a wide wake of Love. If you have stories you would like to share and have them appear as their own post forever so that you may return time and again, we welcome your submissions via email. All stories will be moderated and approved by family before posting. Submit Story

Monday, April 22, 2013

Obituary




“Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” -Emily Bronté

Kel and Garrett are a romance story fit for a princess and her prince. Once they found one another, they were inseparable and spread love wherever they went. Their joy and excitement about the upcoming birth of their son was contagious and they looked forward to his arrival with great anticipation. However, their fairy tale ended quite unexpectedly in an auto accident on January 19, 2013. Their beautiful smiles, laughter, and loving presence will be deeply missed by the many people who loved them, raised them, and nurtured them to the adults they became.

Kelsey Elizabeth Halterman came into this world on September 26, 1991 because her mother, Jennifer Lyn Allred and her father, Franklin Daniel Halterman began a family that eventually included her brother Tom Halterman. Kelsey’s family grew with the addition of Tracy Gunnell Halterman and bonus siblings, Mark Schofield and bonus siblings, and Wendy Kipple.

Garrett Joseph James Boweter-Barker, born December 13, 1990, was deeply loved and truly cherished by his mother, Tonya (Christiansen-Boweter) Monard, his father, Ronald Craig Boweter and siblings, Cassie Boweter-Barker (Barry Beggs), and Jaromy Boweter-Barker. His world expanded with step-father, Dennis Monard and bonus sister, step-mom, Jody Pederson and bonus brothers, and his adoptive parents, Mirjam and Jay Barker and many bonus siblings.

The love story of Kelsey and Garrett included five dogs, four cats, reptiles, arachnids, and other furry kids who are too numerous to name. Their dogs, Rogue, Lyla, Akayah, Odin, and Rambo accompanied them on their journey to Happily Ever After, passing from this earth due to injuries sustained in the accident.

The emergency response team and compassionate staff of Lakeview Hospital did all that they could to save Sage Cannon Boweter, bringing him into the world perfectly healthy and whole within an hour of the accident. However, after taking a few strong breaths, Sage chose to join his parents.

With all of the bonus siblings, bonus in-laws, vast extended families, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, and chosen family members, their lives have been filled with abounding love and examples of living fully. Because we couldn’t find the words that felt adequate, we are choosing to let their words illustrate their love for one another and their son, Sage…

Kel to her mom: I finally found someone whose love is bigger than the fear I have of being loved.

Kel to Garrett: I AM heaven sent! Don’t you forget it!

Garrett to Kel: Woman. I have to tell you… there’s a cat in our neighborhood… it’s orange. I think I love her.

Kel: Board games all night with boo. One of the thousands of reasons I'll marry this kid.

Kel to Garrett: I love you. Thank you for treating me better than I ever deserved to be treated.

Garrett to Kel: Happy Birthday babe! This past year and a half with you has been the best year and a half someone could ask for. Thank you for being here for me, thank you for letting me be there for you. I'm so excited for our future with the baby, I couldn't have picked a better mother for him. You're the best Kelsey. I really appreciate you being in my life :) PTL FTF. Xoxo I love you!!!!!

Garrett to Kel: I love you babe, im glad im having a baby boy with my best friend. Im glad i work with, sleep with, and do everything with you. You are my life. Ptl, ftf. :)

Kel to Garrett: Hey butthead. I love you even when you smell like a foot :)

Garrett to Kel: I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours.

Kel to Sage: I hope you learn eagerly, get everything you work for, love animals a lot, laugh often, never forget your dreams, ignore other’s judgments and grow strong.

Garrett to Sage: I hope you love all of your family and I hope you become like me.

To celebrate this family, a viewing will be held on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 from 6:00pm-8:00pm. The private funeral services will be Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 12:00 noon. Viewing and funeral will be held in the space where Kelsey wanted to have their wedding this summer – Mitchell Barn 1428 Sunset Drive, Kaysville, Utah. For those attending these services, please dress warmly and bring blankets to wrap around you and your loved ones. Monetary contributions, parking details, and further information can be found at HisSoulAndMine.blogspot.com

“Love of mine, someday you will die but I will be close behind. I will follow you into the dark.”

39 comments:

  1. I did not know Kel and Garrett personally, but I am moved by their love story and passion for animals. What if everyone were like these two amazing souls? What a wonderful world it'd be. My thoughts and prayers are with you, the families, in this heart-wrenching time of grief. Thank you for bringing such amazing people into the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to everyone affected by this. They were and are amazing human beings. Their love is uncannly beautiful.rest in paradise kel and garret. And there adorable dogs. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful, I couldn't help but cry as i read it, but it seems to put into words everything that needed to be said... Garrett's choice in song to Kel is almost poetic, like he knew all along :( Rest In Paradise to this beautiful little family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know these two amazing people but I wanted to tell their families thank you for raising such wonderful people. Their love of animals was awesome. My heart breaks for you. There are 8 new special angels in heaven today. God bless you.
    Karen Larsen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you kel and garret I'll forever miss both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful story this is. Brings tears to my eyes that a couple so young got taken so soon. Im sorry for the loss all their friends and family are going through. Deepest condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. It's beautiful & perfect. Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow, & celebrate their lives & our love for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless and many prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. :( kel i miss you! i remember when you were so little! i love you and you will be missed by many people!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect little fairy tale! They both were truly great people. And have touched so many lives. I know that my life has been touched by this little family, and they will always be in my heart. Love you forever little Kelsey bug.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am pleased to know these details of their wonderful love. I shall forever cherish the memories of the times I've seen them together and the joy I felt as a grandpa that wants only the very best for his granddaughter. Sweet memories of a love to be envied.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I think of angels I think of you
    And your flaming red hair and the things that you do
    I heard you had left no it couldn’t be true
    When I think of angels, I think of you

    God speak to you angel, wherever you go
    Tough you had left I want you to know
    My hearts full of sorrow
    I won’t let it show
    I see you again when it’s my time to go

    When I think of angels I think of you
    And your flaming red hair and the things that you do
    I heard you had left no it couldn’t be true
    When I think of angels I think of you
    When I think of angels I think of you

    KK og Ellen Kristjáns

    Love

    Meike

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are so sorry these two (three) young people who were obviously on their way to a life of joy and giving were taken so early. We send our heartfelt condolences to the affected familes everywhere.

    Tim & Sharyl Reilly
    Boerne, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never preaonally knew these two but many people I know did and loved them deeply! My heart goes out to the family of the eight angels and youll be in my prayrs. Most touching love story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love you kelsie my heart is breaking this world lost 3 amazing people but they will never be forgotten! I can't stop crying I miss you

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember that fuzzy head little boy, remember the trolls? LOL, that was Garrett! But don't let that fool you, he was absolutely beautiful! In all he did, from hacking Tonya's (mom) facebook to cleaning and cooking for them just because. Never had the chance to meet Kel, now I regret all those get togethers that I could not make it to, I passed up my chance to get to know that young woman who helped mold Garrett into that awesome young man that he was. My heart to both families...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was an internet friends of Kel's, due to our common love of animals and working for the same rescue, and in addition to sending my sympathy out to both families, I would like to say if any care or homes are needed for the remaining pets in their family, please email me at k.lap427@gmail.com. I have a lot of love for arachnids, reptiles, and cats and always have room for more. These beautiful people will be greatly missed by many.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This story has affected me like no other. Being a Mom and Grandma, it's just hard to deal with. I've been crying for days for these kids and the loss of their lives so soon. What incredible people they are/were in their short time here, how proud must the families be of them! And the baby was already so loved! All the pets too, great kids. I am involved in a shelter also, so to hear of their compassion for each other and their pets was wonderful. I'm so sorry for your loss. God Bless you all and know all of us have you in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have an outstanding respect for garrett and kel. They were honest hard working people who stood by their beliefs and had immense love for each other, their friends, and their family.
    I know so many people will carry them in their hearts

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jay and Mirjam: I was saddened to learn of the untimely passing of your son Garrett and his beloved companion Kel. Please accept my deepest sympathies and condolences. And may the Lord bless and comfort you at this most difficult time is my prayer.

    Dennis Chamberlain (Son of Verle and Rubie Barker)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I never met these two people, but my cousin worked with both of them and the way she described them to me I really would love to meet them! I've met their so adorable and cute dogs, and I bet they are just like their owners; fun, cute, and pretty.
    They lived a great life, and they will always be missed, but the would want us to remember the good times.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Tonya, we are so very sorry for this terrible loss. I have lots of fond memories of Garret. He was such a sweet little boy. So much heartache for so very many people. MY heart is heavey and so very sad for each of you. I pray that you will be comforted in the fact that theirs was a Beautiful love story. Didn't know it was you Garret until I saw the obit today. Tell Cassie, Jaromy and Ron how sorry we are. Hope everyone is doing good, cling to one another for I know that there will be a great void without these 3 young people in your lives. Scott & Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  23. I did not know Kel and Garrett personally but have heard about them from one of my dear friends,Marianne, who worked with them. They were truly wonderful people who shard their love with family and friends. There are no words to explain why their love story did not end as planned. There is comfort in knowing they are still all together as a family along with their beloved dogs. With my deepest sympathy.
    TC Phelps

    ReplyDelete
  24. I could not put in words how wonderful these 2kids are and what joy they were to watch when taking care of my 3 girls and the love they shared with each other. God bless to their families.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Garrett was such a great kid. Went to school with him and all he ever was doing is cracking jokes and smiling. It's good to know he was happy and had everything he loved with him.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This really touched me. My boyfriend and I are going through a really tough time in our relationship right now but I love him more than words can express. I would walk through fire for him! He gave me "my miracle baby" and seeing this story just reminds me that even though we struggle, I dont want to spend my life with anyone but him...So Sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete
  27. I miss you guys. Every day it gets a little easier to breathe. But my heart is always heavy, and my soul aches to be with you once again.
    I love you Kel, and Garrett. And I'm truly blessed to have known you, and to have shared many memories with you.
    I see you in everything I do, and I can still hear your laughs and voices.. And i pray that they never fade.
    In all of this, the one thing I am thankful for is the fact that you ALL went together. As much as I miss you, and as much as I long to have you back... There is no such thing as just Garrett, or just Kel. You have always been, and always will be Kel AND Garrett. Garrett AND Kel.
    And now, on your incredible new journey. You will always get to be Kelsey, Garrett, and Sage. With, Akkayah, Lyla, Rogue, Rambo, and Odin to protect you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Do you have a spam issue on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; many of us have developed some nice procedures and we are looking to swap
    techniques with others, please shoot me an e-mail if interested.


    My weblog; Zinn collection review

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is really informative.
    I am gonna watch out for brussels. I'll appreciate if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    Here is my weblog acoustic guitar a chord

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great post. I'm experiencing many of these issues as well..

    Feel free to visit my site - Garcinia Cambogia Safe

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I
    stumbleupon every day. It's always exciting to read through content from other writers and use something from their web sites.

    my homepage Zinn collection review

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes! Finally someone writes about testosterone levels.


    Also visit my web-site: http://testforcextremeblog.org/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website
    yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. thanks

    Here is my webpage ... vakantieparken frankrijk

    ReplyDelete
  34. I hadn't seen Kel in years...but I think about her at least once a day. All of them. Such special people. We met through a past mutual friend when we were in High School, and I used to travel on the weekends and come spend time with all of them. Without knowing anyone in their friend group, I felt a little out of place and awkward. But Kel was always the one to make sure I had everything I needed and wasn't alone. Took me under her wing many times when she barely even knew me. I will forever be grateful for her kind and sincere heart. And I wish I would have put forth a better effort to stay in contact throughout the years, not just FB. But she was always cut out for bigger and better things and it looks like she got her perfect family and life afterall! :) What a beautiful family. May they always be celebrated and never forgotten!

    -R

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey! I realize this is kind of off-topic however I needed to ask.
    Does building a well-established blog like yours
    require a large amount of work? I am completely new to writing a blog however
    I do write in my journal every day. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my own experience and views online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring bloggers. Thankyou!

    my website - huis huren frankrijk

    ReplyDelete
  36. My brother recommended I might like this web site.
    He was once entirely right. This put up actually made my day.
    You cann't imagine just how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

    Have a look at my site :: vakantiehuisjes in frankrijk - -

    ReplyDelete
  37. I believe our children are loaned to us by the lord he decided he needed them back on that cold January morning to teach us all about love he took them back as a family God bless you Garret,Kelsey, Sage and doggies

    ReplyDelete
  38. God bless your family's in their time of need

    ReplyDelete
  39. Quality articles is the crucial to interest the people to pay a quick visit the site,
    that's what this website is providing.

    Stop by my web site Diet Rendah Kalori com

    ReplyDelete

In honor of these beautiful people, we request that your comments remain respectful and loving. We reserve the right to delete comments that do not shine with the light of love.